- This event has passed.
Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED) Training
June 27 @ 8:00 am – June 28 @ 5:00 pm
Our physical surroundings provide psychological cues informing us whether an area is safe for our intended activity. CPTED strategies discourage undesirable behavior while inviting appropriate activity. This interactive, interesting and free training offered by PalmettoPride includes:
- Clear explanations and examples of the four CPTED strategies of Territorial Reinforcement, Natural Access Control, Natural Surveillance, and Maintenance
- Techniques for implementing the strategies (i.e. Landscaping, Pavement Treatments, Architecture, Activity Support, Public Art, Lighting
- Hands-on experience in applying the concepts via field study
- Guidance in conducting a CPTED survey and completing a CPTED report
- Resources and continued support as you implement CPTED strategies on your personal or business property and throughout the community
Who should attend? Municipal leaders, law enforcement*, planners*, architects, landscapers, parks department, community revitalization teams, business owners, homeowners, everyone.
Seating is limited. Register to attend: email@example.com or (864)434-3655.
*Law Enforcement Officers receive SC Criminal Justice Academy CLEE Credits; City Planners receive credit from SC Planning Education Advisory Committee.