At a Glance
Application Open: August 1
Submission Deadline: November 1
Award Announcement: December 15
Questions? Contact PalmettoPride Grant Program Manager Sherryl Jenkins.
Litter control, law enforcement and code enforcement departments/organizations in South Carolina are eligible to apply for these funds. No organization will be awarded more than one Litter Enforcement Grant per funding cycle. Joint projects are only eligible for one grant award.
All grant recipients will be required to participate in the Zero Tolerance for Litter Campaign.
Prior grant recipients who are not in compliance with grant requirements will be deemed ineligible to receive funds.
Levels of Funding:
The Enforcement Grant is a competitive grant that provides litter control and enforcement agencies with up to $6,500 for the purchase of equipment and resources for use in litter control cases.
Eligible grant activities may include any combination of the following:
- Equipment (i.e. surveillance cameras, laptops, binoculars)
- Tarp campaigns
- Illegal dumpsite remediation and removal
- Heavy duty or OSHA materials for litter removal
- Supplies for large on-going litter cleanups (i.e. monthly cleanups, assign-a-highway, community service)
- Litter pickup safety signs
- Conferences/Travel (up to $1,500)
- Illegal Dump Signs (without posts)
- Litter cleanup supplies
- Trash bags (PalmettoPride green bags)
Litter Enforcement Grant Report Forms
- Zero Tolerance for Litter Campaign – May 15
- Quarterly Ticketing – April 15, August 15, November 15, December 15
- Final Summary and Expenditures – December 15
2023 Grant Recipients
|Aiken||Aiken County Code Enforcement||$6,500|
|Beaufort||Beaufort County Solid Waste and Recycling||$6,500|
|Greenville||City of Greenville, Department of Public Works, Solid Waste Division||$6,500|
|York||City of Rock Hill||$4,500|
|Sumter||City of Sumter||$6,500|
|Lexington||County of Lexington||$6,500|
|Orangeburg||County of Orangeburg||$3,963|
|Dorchester||Dorchester County Public Works / Solid Waste||$2,500|
|Beaufort||Port Royal Police Department||$1,500|
|Charleston||South Carolina Department of Natural Resources – Charleston||$6,500|
|Oconee||South Carolina Department of Natural Resources – Unit 1A||$6,430|
|Spartanburg||Spartanburg County Environmental Enforcement||$5,739|
|Lexington||Town of South Congaree Police Department||$6,200|
|Dorchester||Town of Summerville||$4,142|