SC Litter Control Awards Presented to Officers and Volunteers
Columbia, SC (September 14, 2021) – The South Carolina Litter Control Association (SCLCA) presented awards to ten individuals or groups for litter control efforts at the SCLCA/Keep SC Beautiful Annual Conference.
Awards were presented to the following:
- People Moving Up – Lower Region Group Leadership
- Tri-Command Single Marines and Sailors Program – Lower Region Group Leadership
- Port Royal Village People – Lower Region Group Leadership
- SCDNR Region 3, Unit 3B – Central Region Group Leadership
- Mayor Paul More, Town of Snelling _ Central Region Individual Leadership
- Lance Corporal Stephen Bryant, SCDNR – Central Region Individual Leadership
- William Cureton, York County – Upper Region Individual Leadership
- Lake Cooley Clean Team – Upper Region Group Leadership
- Sarah Lyles, PalmettoPride – David L. Thomas Award
- Joey Patsourakos – President’s Award
“Litter enforcement takes both officers and citizens working together to change the culture,” said Steve Ward, SCLCA Board President. “Our regional award winners are leaders in their communities, and we want to let them know that yes, we see you and appreciate what you are doing.”
SCLCA is a statewide non-profit comprised of litter and code law enforcement officers. Its mission is to promote litter enforcement, protect the environment and help to heighten public awareness of the problems associated with litter. PalmettoPride works in partnership with SCLCA and the Keep SC Beautiful network to promote the overarching mission of litter prevention in SC.
For more information on litter prevention in South Carolina, contact email@example.com.
# # #
PalmettoPride is working towards a litter-free South Carolina. Created as a legislative initiative to fight litter and help beautify South Carolina by engaging citizens to take action in their communities through education, enforcement,